Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cool ATM

Apparently, Bank of America has had their new ATMs out in the market since 2006 but I just had my first experience with one today at the Natick Collection aka fancy name for a mall.

The cool thing about it is that no deposit envelopes are needed, you can just insert a check or cash directly into the ATM. It scans it, shows an image of what you deposited on the screen and then prints the image on your receipt. The ATM even automatically read the check amount from what was written on it. I'm in love with this machine, especially since it gives me confidence that there is an image and proof of what I have deposited into an ATM. Not that I've ever experienced any problems before hand, but whenever I deposited cash, I always wondered what safeguard was in place from having a teller take cash out of an envelope. Anyway, something finally good from the institution that usually is more of an inconvenience for me.

3 comments:

NOLA said...

Before you get too excited about your lovely ATM experience, How will you feel,say, you deposit your paycheck and the insensitive corrupt thieving machine fails to show you the image of your weeks worth,and,say, doesn't print a reciept.I don't want to traumatize you or cause you undue stress but now I have to be afraid for you and pray that that doesn't happen.
Thanks a lot

sharonwue said...

Wow. I'm more of a 'withdrawal' kind of ATM patron. It would have been a couple more years before I found out about the new atm's deposit features. Nice public service - thanks.

bcallegra said...

Nola, I think I would break down and cry! Luckily, I don't have to deposit checks often and my paychecks are direct deposited automatically. Otherwise, I would chain myself to the ATM and call B of A repeatedly until they came and acknowledged my check!
Sharonwue, I'm usually a withdrawal gal myself but I'm always easily impressed by bells and whistles!