Monday, October 13, 2008

Geocaching Take 2

As today was our day off, Andrew and I decided to tackle another geocache - Dolan Pond Stroll. This one was a two-parter that is 10 minutes away from the Newton house.

It was another beautiful fall day and I was so glad to be spending it another hidden gem of a park.


First set of coordinates led us to Dolan pond:


Andrew had to get on his knees and feel under the corner of the dock (this is a look at the corner):



Success!


We followed the second set of coordinates but couldn't find the cache at the end - very disappointing! This was supposed to be a relatively simple geocache but I'm thinking that TomTom isn't sensitive enough (even set to walking directions as opposed to driving directions) and it's giving us too large of a general area to search. Seriously, we spent 20 minutes searching in the woods where poison sumac is plentiful trying to finding a 6" x 6" container. I'm starting to think that geocaching is better for devices like iPhones but we won't give up! There's a geocache listed around the corner at the Newton Library that we're eyeing for our next adventure.

2 comments:

Russell Sprout said...

You two are crazy! I think you should get iPhones so we can obnoxiously text eachother our coordinates and geocache eachother...
BTW-Did you see my MOM made a blog? There's a link from my page! Creolecatsup.blogspot.com

bcallegra said...

Haha, I think we don't use the Internet enough to use iPhones but it depends on how frustrated I get with future geocaches.

And, I was wondering if that was your mom - until I read the last post about her recommending a restaurant and she had a line that she had to put a tattoo on to visit the place - then I knew it was her just because I could picture her voice telling the story! :)