Monday, October 27, 2008

Are you a kindred spirit?

Like my GoodReads account states, my favorite books are the ones that I read as a middle schooler. I've been slowly rebuying these favorites with the excuse that I want them for my future kids, but it's really because I want to reread them.

One series I haven't gotten yet is Anne of Green Gables. I loved reading about Anne's friendship/fighting/relationship with Gilbert, her adventures in Avonlea, her fanciful thoughts and daydreaming and the use of the phrase "kindred spirit" as a way to recognnize people that you would want to be friends with.



The books I originally read had this type of cover design:
























Does it bring back memories for you?

2 comments:

Russell Sprout said...

Do you remember when they dressed up as the Lady of Shallot?
Sigh.

bcallegra said...

Also a classic moment!