Thursday, October 30, 2008

Playing hooky

I started the morning with the best intentions so I packed my bag for the gym, intending to go the gym after work. Fastforward to the end of the day. I leave work later than I had planned and then hit the cold air, losing any motivation that I had. So it was off to the library for me. I hadn't been in months and needed to pick up my reserved copy of Part Asian - 100% Hapa. Off to the library I went and stocked up on a lot of lovely reading material.

Now I'm sitting at home trying to work up motivation to clean the house for Camie's arrival tomorrow while sitting on the sofa, blogging and watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. Somehow, I don't think anything is getting done until tomorrow when I have Andrew here to order around!

My justification for being a bum around the house is that I need to wake up early tomorrow to meet a coworker at 7 am. Yup, you guessed it: an early morning + work = another site visit. Except this time I'm heading up to Salem and Manchester, NH. And, we're stopping on the way to get work boots with steel toes and electrical hazard ratings - the only kind that will past muster with our Safety regulations on a work site.

Unfortunately, they'll look something like this:

Not exactly putting my best fashion foot forward.

2 comments:

elissa said...

You're going to Salem on HALLOWEEN? Good luck to you and your fancy boots!! :)

bcallegra said...

It's Salem, NH unfortunately - not quite as exciting!