Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Going to Japan!

I finally was able to confirm at work today that I'll be able to take two weeks of vacation to visit Camp Zama in December!

The only downside is that I actually won't be home for Christmas, but instead, will be there from December 6th to December 20th.

The good news is that I'll finally be able to go to the massive Chinese Bazaar that they always have the first week of December to stock up on Christmas gifts. They used to have these monthly at Zama and we'd volunteer to staff a booth as teenagers. All sorts of vendors would attend the bazaar and sell things like Japanese kokeshi dolls, calendars, furniture, etc. I would love to pick up some furniture this time around, but will have to figure out a reliable way to ship everything home (that won't cost an arm and a leg!)

I think I would have to fly out Friday night to make it to Japan by Sunday morning in order to catch the last day of the bazaar - it's making me tired thinking of it! Next step is buying the tickets - I just read an article on how people are cutting down on travel because of the recession so hopefully I'll be able to score some reasonably priced airline tickets.

No comments: