Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dryer Drama

Here is the final resting place of my dearly departed dryer.

Yes, I know it looks gross. It died peacefully but my basement is old and grungy.
I worked from home yesterday in order to receive delivery of the new dryer I ordered from Best Buy. Here it is - are you wondering why it's sitting outside my basement door in the rain?
That's because we didn't measure the doorway before buying the dryer - doh! I thought I had bought the same model as my old dryer, but apparently not. The new dryer was exactly a 1/2 inch too big to fit through the basement door. While the Best Buy delivery men were able to take out my old dryer, they had to leave the new dryer at the foot of the outdoor stairs that lead to our basement:


They assured me that the dryer would fit through once the door was taken off but they couldn't do it themselves because of liability issues. I took a deep breath and crossed my fingers that Andrew would be able to figure it out when he got home.
Luckily, he was able to get the door off (with, ahem, a little help from me to hold the door steady):
Tada! The widened doorway with dryer missing...


...because Andrew was able to squeeze it through - he takes a moment to pose victoriously by the object of our frustration:

As for connecting it to the dryer vent...that's a whole 'nother story.
I long for warm, dry clothing.

No comments: