Monday, August 3, 2009

Trifle Tuesday

I know you're thinking, "it's not Tuesday, it's Monday."

But the trifle I made is for a birthday celebration at work tomorrow.

I was feeling lazy and immediately thought of making a trifle. It's just too hot and muggy to muster up any enthusiasm to bake.

Then I felt guilty. I thought to myself, "No, I really like coworker X, I'm going to push myself to make something fabulous."

At the end of the day, two other coworkers and I were discussing the birthday festivities for tomorrow. One asked me what I was going to make, and immediately suggested that I make something cool (temperature-wise). The other chimed in immediately with "like a trifle!" having experienced one that I had made earlier in the year.

So what could I do? The masses had spoken.

This took me less than an hour to make, and that includes baking time. It's all in layering easy ingredients and cheating with a cake mix:



This particular coworker loves chocolate, so chocolate cake mix was a must. I went with a slightly summer theme, and used layers of cake, berry sauce (made by Smuckers for sundaes), cheesecake pudding, cool whip, and chocolate chips:



I'll call it the Chocolate Berry Cheescake Trifle. Sounds impressive, huh?

As you might be able to guess, I'm in love with my new zester. All those shavings came from half a Hershey's kiss - amazing!

No comments: