Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Too Damn Hot...

...to do anything. Boston is in the middle of a heatwave. As my place only has air conditioning in my room, this means Andrew and I sweat it out when we do anything on the lower level, which includes eating and watching TV. I've lost all energy to do anything. I'm actually happy to go to work in the morning since I'm guaranteed central air all day.

Andrew and I headed out at 8:30 tonight to try an old favorite - Stump trivia - at the Union Street Bar and Grill. I had played Stump trivia for almost two years straight at a bar in Watertown a few years back, and I was looking forward to experiencing it again tonight.

However, Union Street had trivia on its third floor and it was overcrowded, extremely hot and hard to hear the announcer. I promptly lost my voice trying to talk over the crowd and started sweating in my knee pits (Andrew family term) in the room.

Our trivia team members were Katie and Julian:
Julian was very passionate about how hot the bar was and how confusing the waitresses at Union Street were, although he did polish off his pasta dish:

While our team made a comeback by answering both final questions right for a full 20 points, we were still 10 points behind the leader.
Andrew and I have decided that we will not return to Union Street for trivia until it's officially Fall. And worst of all, I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow to drive to the Cape for a company team build day with Habitat for Humanity. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in my air conditioned room, even if it's only for five and a half hours.

No comments: