Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas...

Normal and non-lazy people would post a picture of their own Christmas tree here.




But this gorgeous tree actually belongs to Andrew's parents.


We haven't put up a tree of our own. Partly, it's laziness. However, I think part of it is being dispirited in the sense that we had pictured decorating a new place for the holidays and had come so close to that. Since our place is a little bah humbug right now, it was nice to see this sight waiting for us on Friday night.


We had Andrew's work Christmas dinner on the Cape with his bosses and coworkers, and ended up spending the night in Plymouth. It's nights like that where I really notice how many stars are in the sky. The sky was unbelievably clear on the Cape, and with little light pollution, you could see ALL the stars, including my favorite constellation, Orion. And, we saw a shooting star! I can't remember the last time I saw a shooting star but that second-long burst of light gave us a definitive thrill.


I tried to take a picture, but as you can see, that idea didn't work. You'll have to take my word for it.

No comments: