Sunday, December 6, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup With Apples

A lazy Sunday spent at home with snow on the ground outside seemed to call for a cozy type dinner.

As I'm always excited to use my crockpot and I had a package of butternut squash languishing in my fridge, I decided to try Beantown Baker's soup recipe.

I've clearly gotten lazy with my food blogging, but you can find the recipe on her site, and I did follow her instructions on adding a can of pumpkin and keeping the skin on the apple. However, I didn't have any coriander on hand so I ended up tossing in a 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.

This is what it looked like uncooked:


And ready to eat after being hand mashed with a strainer and a spoon (a brief bout with the hand mixer convinced me it was too messy to do any good). The perfect dinner for a cold night:

No comments: