Sunday, May 24, 2009

Phu's Half Marathon Brunch

Sunday morning began with a bang - at least for Phu! He ran in a half marathon that started at eight. Although we (as in, my Dad, Andrew and I) intended to see him at the finish line - Phu ran a lot quicker than we realized (an impressive hour and a half to finish 13 miles) so we met for brunch at American Joe's on Newbury Street.

Here's the proud runner with the medal he received for running the half marathon:


Close-up of the medal:


Amy and Pete were good roommates and actually got up early enough to see Phu in the marathon - in addition, they nabbed us a great corner table on the patio:


They had oddly colored but freshly squeezed orange juice - I took mine in Mimosa form while Andrew took it straight up (Joe's offers a free drink with their buffet menu):



We were joined by a bold and scrappy little bird seeking crumbs - I found it quite charming sitting on the statue next to my seat but not so charming when it took a dive towards our table. My mistake for throwing crumbs at it in the first place:


Andrew, Amy and Phu ordered the best item on the menu - a sirloin hash with poached eggs that I highly recommend:


I went with a Benedict omelet featuring ham and asparagus and Bearnaise sauce - not bad but nothing special:


It was nice to enjoy brunch in Boston on a warm and sunny day, something Andrew and I are usually never able to drag ourselves out of the house for, to help Phu celebrate his accomplishment.

No comments: