Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parents = Free Labor

I thought I was hard at work today, it being my first day back in the office after a four day hiatus.

That was until I got home and saw this:

A clean driveway with all the leaves and dirt that accumulated over the winter swept away:


The long line of hedges trimmed back, with all the mulch (a couple of years worth) swept away:


Beside filling a few yard waste bags, this was the massive pile of branches leftover from the hedge massacre:


When my coworkers asked me how my parents' visit was going, I told them it was like having elves in the house. Because of their jet lag, they're still getting up between 1:30 - 4 am. So by the time I wake up around 7 am, there's a new part of the house that has been cleaned and organized by my poor jetlagged Mom plus breakfast waiting for me. Not too shabby!

2 comments:

yetimadness said...

ha! now i won't have to worry about running into them when i back my car up!

bcallegra said...

They did clear a lot away but with your backing up skills, I'm sure you'll still manage to hit something! :)