Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Met Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala

I don't usually pay attention to fashion events but happened to click on Boston.com's coverage of the Costume Institute Gala. This is what I found:

Top 2 Ugly, What where they thinking? outfits

Leighton Meister - there's so much going on that I don't know where to start on what's the worst with this outfit. Maybe those shoes. Or the leggings. Or the sleeves with flowers sprouting out of them.



Rihanna - big, puffy sleeves need to stay in the eighties.


There weren't any outfits that stood out as something I loved, but I did like;

Alek Wek - I love the bright color and the intricate details:



Surprisingly, I also liked Anna Wintour's dress as well - I love the pattern and the draping and surprisingly, the square sleeves don't bother me as much as they should. Perhaps since Anna Wintour is known for being stiff and uptight and the dress seems to match:



Just my two cents on outfits I could never afford or fit into!

(All photos courtesy of Boston.com and AP)

No comments: