Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday Means Mongolian BBQ

I feel a little guilty with this post, since I know how much my Uncle Rich and cousin Andrew love Mongolian BBQ but there you have it. It was Wednesday night, which means Mongolian BBQ night on Zama.

Quick recap on Mongolian BBQ, it's the same concept that you see in the Fire and Ice chain of restaurants in Boston. You pick your own combinations and amounts of vegetables, proteins and sauces and it's cooked stir fry style and served with rice.

As you can see in the picture, there were tons of vegetables to choose from, including some of my favorites such as bean sprouts, green peppers and green beans:


For proteins, there was shrimp, chicken, beef, pork and turkey. I tend to stick with pork since I've come to realize that it's my favorite type of meat, especially in Asian-style cooking:


Continuing the trend of misspelling names, my name picked up an extra "u" from last year and Andrew's name somehow got interpreted as Angela. In case you're wondering, somehow my dad ended up with the most at the table (18 ounces) but in his defense, he did pile on a lot of vegetables. I'm always eager to see the ounces just as a competition amongst the family, but it's also important because you get charged by ounce to determine how much you pay ($.75 per ounce).



Andrew enjoying the free Chinese vegetable soup that comes with the meal:


And, Andrew getting his first taste of Mongolian BBQ:



I caught my dad mid-chew with his monster bowl, when cooked, doesn't seem like much after all:


My own meal - colorful and delicious! You can't go wrong with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and sesame oil for flavors:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i weep knowing that i will never agian have the pleasure of tasting mongolian bbq i hope it was as good as i remembered it jouis

bcallegra said...

Haha, very funny, Angela! We'll take you to Fire & Ice and it should taste pretty much the same. :)