Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just Forget You Know Us...

We're almost two weeks into the new house, and we're slowly settling into a routine. I wake up an obscenely early hour, shower, dress and drive into work to arrive at 7 am so I can leave at 4 pm (if I'm lucky) and beat the worst of the commute home. What time I leave each day makes a difference in whether I'm facing a 30 minute or a 60 minute plus commute. The house still feels a little like it belongs to someone else and I'm just a guest in it, but Andrew and I are doing our best to make it our own a little more each day.

By this, I mean Andrew and I have been trying to unpack a little each night. It's been tough to find the time since a rough start with the great flood of 2010 - heck, I barely have the energy to throw together a sandwich for dinner. Plus, we're hampered by the fact that we don't have enough furniture to unpack stuff into, but haven't had the free time during the week or the weekends to devote a lot of time into looking at furniture (although we do spend a lot of time each night browsing furniture online!)

This is why our dining room (the main repository of boxes, ahead of the basement) looks like this - since we don't have a dining table, there's plenty of storage space for the time being. In case you're wondering, those are our boxsprings to the right, which don't fit up our new stairs. Yup, that means we've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

















And, Andrew and I are in NYC this weekend for an event that can't be missed, so this pile isn't going to budge.  Which is why you shouldn't take it the wrong way when I ask that you forget that Andrew and I exist for the next couple of weeks. No social engagements = more time unpacking and buying furniture. We'll give you a call when we're ready to come up for air.

No comments: