Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nothing Says I Love You...

...like homemade cinnamon rolls...













Hot out of the oven...













Slathered with a generous amount of cream cheese frosting dripping off the sides...













Andrew and I agreed early on in our relationship that we wouldn't exchange gifts for Valentine's Day or anniversaries. We do enough gift giving on birthdays and Christmas, plus, we need to save up all the money we can to buy a house and furnish it. So for Valentine's Day, I decided to put in the extra effort (as in two hours worth of prepping and baking time) to make Andrew cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It was well worth the effort, and much appreciated. Plus, we've feasted all weekend on them (they're still mighty tasty after being warmed up in the microwave). Just a natural (and as Amy would put it, obvi) way to show my love.

Just a reminder, please vote for me and Andrew in the Crate & Barrel Ultimate Wedding contest.

No comments: