Thursday, July 15, 2010

Orzo and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese

I'm really much more of a baker than I am a cook, but I was motivated to make something more on the savory side for the BBQ.

Thus I present to you, my first orzo dish which was surpisingly easy - Orzo and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese.















In my book, anything that calls for feta rocks!

I'm going to take the lazy way out and provide you the recipe link here.

I left out the dill (just because I didn't have any), used grape tomatoes sliced in half instead of a whole tomato, and added yellow peppers.

I'm also happy to report that I was able to use fresh parsley from my window sill plant (From L to R: Thai Basil, Chives and Parsley) - hello green thumb I never knew I had! I just need to find some recipes that call for using some of the other herbs.

But back to the orzo salad, it's definitely best to make it a day before you intend to serve it, since the flavors intensify overnight.

No comments: