Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Housewarming Gift?

Imagine if you were hosting a party (or in our case, a housewarming BBQ) and someone came up and handed you detergent as a gift? How would you react?













In my case, I laughed out loud and offered thanks to my sister and the only other guest who was of Korean descent. It's a traditional Korean custom to give detergent as a housewarming gift, something I had forgotten about until I saw them walking in with it. Note to self, I must remember to ask my mom about the significance of it, I'm sure it's supposed to signify luck or something along those lines. Plus, I love the fact that it's just plain useful. I think toilet paper is also a traditional gift, so I'll have to try doing that for the next friend that moves into a new place.

No comments: