Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sundays...

....are not much fun when you are forced to leave the comfort of your house to drive for four hours to Brooklyn.  I had to be in town for an early work meeting on Monday, and driving in Brooklyn made me realize how much of a "suburban" driver I am.

On the plus side, I did get to have dinner with Brooklyn-resident and good friend Camie, who gamely dragged herself to a restaurant despite the fact that she's recovering from the flu (supposedly not contagious anymore, as she assured me):



















The poor girl wanted poutine but we walked straight out of the first restaurant we walked into, after Camie overheard the server saying that they were out of cheese curd. The nerve! So we settled for Sidecar, and their warm white bean dip with bacon, and the most delicious homemade tortilla chips, homemade regular chips and french fries. There may have been some other regular entrees thrown in there, but the fried goodness of all those sides is still sticking with me. Perhaps literally. :)

2 comments:

Camie said...

I love that I'm a "tag" on your blog!

Had a great time catching up...
C

bcallegra said...

You've had a tag for ages! :)

Thanks for dinner and p.s. - I owe you $5. I was recapping the night w/Andrew and was struck by the fact that I didn't cover my half of the app. You'll have to come visit us in Boston to collect, haha.