Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Close Quarters Are Romantic

While I've been lamenting the lack of wedding-related tasks that Andrew and I completing, we did accomplish one major "check" on our list - the honeymoon!

Early on in the engagement, when I would get asked about the honeymoon, I kept telling people it was one of the last things we would focus on simply because it was the one area that didn't require securing a vendor far in advance of our wedding date. I figured we could use Orbitz or some similar site, and call it a day (still true).  In addition, the honeymoon seemed so far away that it was hard to get excited about it when we had to focus on getting the wedding planned first!

However, Andrew and I had a moment a few months back where a casual discussion on where we'd like to go for our honeymoon crystallized into a definitive plan, all in one day.

When Andrew got the official ok to take two weeks off from work, we went ahead and promptly booked our:

Cruise to Italy, Greece, Turkey and my personal favorite - EGYPT!!


I've always wanted to go to Egypt, ever since I did a report on it in the fifth grade and made pyramid cupcakes to accompany my presentation (thus starting a life-long tradition of baking).

This is what our room is going to look like on the seventh deck. I'm not going to lie, we went for one of the cheapest rooms without a window because we figure that we'll be spending most of our time on the rest of the ship or doing shore excursions.


Plus, what could more romantic that being squished into a full size bed with your new spouse?

All that's left is to book our flight and we will be ready to go. I'm not going to lie, with how intense work has been/will always be on top of all the other craziness in our lives, I wouldn't mind a two week vacation right now!!

The only weird thing was booking the cruise in my maiden name - I figured I wouldn't have time to get any official legal documents changed to my married name before we depart for our cruise. However, I will be letting the world know my married name as soon as I can, starting with the ticket agent at the airport who could be swayed into upgrading us as newlyweds! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how exciting!!!! :) totes jealous!