Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2010

I almost named this post "Boys Will Have Their Toys, Part Two" (read Part One here) which is why I don't feel bad about blogging about the Blizzard of 2010 in the year 2011.  This post isn't really about all the snow we got last week. It's New England after all, and we always get snow during the winter.  No, this post is all about the "fun" Andrew had using his latest toy.
But in all seriousness (and in deference to Andrew's hard work during the storm), I think I will have to christen the new snow blower as a survival machine. 

Poor Andrew got up at 5 a.m. last Monday (not having to be in work until noon) to clear our driveway so I could get into work.

Four hours later, his hard work paid off and we had a navigable backyard:

A driveway we could drive on (carefully):

I'm sure our mailman appreciated the path to our front door (we never use this entrance):

Andrew even cleared the sidewalk in front of the house (look at how high the snow is!) Although it didn't get used very much since none of the other sidewalks were cleared so anyone walking on this path would hit a wall of unshoveled snow once they reached the park next door. Actually, I think most pedestrians were walking in the street at this point:


And ok, so this post may be a bit of a storm recap, I just had to share the evidence of how strongly the wind was blowing during the Blizzard - I've never seen so much snow plastered to the side/back of our house:

The snow did make a neat pattern on the lattice:

No comments: