Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bridal Magazines

A very sweet coworker surprised me yesterday with an engagement gift - copies of the current Martha Stewart Weddings and Boston Weddings magazines and a silver "I Do" picture frame.



Looking at the covers of the magazine, there was an obvious trend in subject matter - engagement rings. Which made me wonder, why would brides be interested in reading content about something they've already gotten? Then I realized that it must be geared towards some sort of target demographic of girls designing their engagement rings, which is odd to me. If you were hoping to be engaged and your boyfriend caught you reading magazines with these type of covers, I would think that would cause an awkward situation and the pressure would definitely be on the poor guy! But maybe that's the point? :)

I've only flipped through the Boston Weddings magazine so far, but I'm hoping to start gathering and saving ideas, especially since my wedding planner just arrived.

No comments: